Monday 9 April 2012

FAILURE ON THE SHATTERING EFFECT & REWORK!

Like last time, for the shattering glass ball scene I used the Maya 2012 built-in tool called "DMM" (Digital Molecular Matter - I need to turn it on in plug-in manager). I had some trials and it turned out well but at the very end, when combining with the other elements (cameras, lights and whole scene) it didn't work properly, I did look up for solutions but still had no idea how to fix....
Fail! 
Comment : The impact is fine but the after effect is so so bad, the glass pieces are too big and fill the camera lens, no way we can see through and even too dark... I need to find another solution


So after 1-2 hours searching for solutions, I ended up looking at the website : creativecrash.com which is the home of thousands of 3D program plugin...
Words, terms did use to search : shatter, shatter glass, destruct, explode... and also tried DMM
And very interesting I found one (it's very new - in 2012) the "DMM Baker" plug-in. It is an extra plug-in which helps the DMM in Maya more useful. Quick description : Author : Arthur Graff, it will finalize the effect when two DMM objects come to impact (kind of re-rendering), also controlling the DMM settings in more ways then the usual plug-in can provide...

Link DMMBaker : DMMBaker

Also I consulted the tutorial for this plug-in : http://vimeo.com/groups/ati/videos/37973773


So I need to allow the DMM Geometry Cache to save the shattering scene, the combined it with the whole final scene more properly.... Also I did some experiments with layers to create the final effect, because the DMM cache didn't show up while rendering so need to duplicate and apply layers.

Here the trials with DMM Baker, the outcome is magnificent and so much better than the last one



It was very near to the final one already.

No comments:

Post a Comment